CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Poetry
On its 90th year, the UP Writers Club pushes writing towards new limits. No more procrastination and no more excuses-write the poems, stories and essays you’ve always wanted to publish and be brave enough to put yourself out there!
Every month, the UP Writers Club will be holding workshops on specific genres. For the month of October, we will be focusing on poetry. If you are interested in learning about the workshop process, or are simply seeking criticism for your writing from your peers, you are very much encouraged to submit. Here are the guidelines for this month:
1. Open to both undergraduate and graduate students of the University of the Philippines, Diliman (except UPWC applicants, who will have their own set of workshops).
2. 1 – 2 poems not longer than 30 lines each or 1 long poem, for a maximum of 60 lines per submission. Maximum page count is 5 pages. Works that exceed the line or page count will not be considered. We also accept Prose-Poetry, maximum of 5 000 words or 6 pages per entry.
3. Format: Garamond, size 12, single spaced
4. Submissions must come in both .pdf and .doc or .rtf format.
5. The body of the e-mail must contain the author’s full name, year and course, contact details, and title of work.
6. Limited slots only.
You may send your inquiries and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “October Workshop”.
These workshops will be open to the public, and everybody is invited to attend and observe the workshop process. A copy of all the pieces to be workshopped will be made available in a public Facebook group.
Deadline for submission is on October 10, 2016, at 11:59pm. Applicants will be informed of their acceptance two days after the deadline. The workshop will be held on October 17, 2016 from 12nn to 5pm.